Spotting hair strands on your pillow after you wake up or in your bathroom drain after a hair shower, can be unpleasant sign of excessive hair fall and damage. Several women are testimony to the fact that despite using anti-hair fall shampoos, after following anti-hair fall treatments, the situation refuses to get any better.
Hair fall can be limiting. Hair styling techniques like making puffs and buns, trimming them short or keeping them long can be very daunting. Flat hair and lack of lustre are problems one ends up tackling on an everyday basis. All this often makes one wonder and question “Does a real, effective hair fall solution even exist out there? “, “How to stop severe hair fall?”, "Is there a hair fall treatment that works?" and so on. This article is an answer to all your hair fall problems, while highlighting the causes of it and a hair fall treatment or hair fall remedy, you can add to your routine.
Home Remedies for Hair Fall
Home remedies have always worked! Remember when Grandma used to apply eggs to your hair? That always created an impact to your hair and prevented hair fall. Following are some of the home remedies that are the best hair fall treatments and can help you stop your hair fall eventually.
1. Fermented Rice Water:
Fermented Rice Water is considered to be the best remedy for all types of hair and their diverse range of hair problems. It is found to have a lot of benefits and is used in a lot of beauty products because it has an endless list of benefits. It is vitamin rich, repairs damaged hair cells, suitable PH level to reduce hair fall and make hair stronger and filled with antioxidants. Pantene has combined one of the world’s oldest anti-hairfall secret, fermented rice water with their signature Pro-Vitamin B5 formula to create the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution.
2. Bamboo: Bamboo is known for its strength & flexibility. It helps strengthen hair and get beautiful, healthy hair. Using products that have bamboo extracts in it can make your stronger and healthier hair and reduce hair fall. You can get the best balance of strong and flexible hair with Pantene Bamboo Shampoo range .
3. Aloe Vera Gel:Aloe vera has multiple healing properties and has been sued for ages to treat various hair conditions like oily hair, dry hair, hair fall, dandruff, itchy scalp etc. You can apply aloe vera gel on your hair with various ingredients like yogurt, vitamin E capsules, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.
4. Onion:Onions contain sulphur that help promote the production of collagen and in turn collagen helps in improving hair health. You can use onion juice or onion oil in various DIY hair care masks.
5. Eggs:Egg masks with aloe vera, lemon, honey or olive oils are helpful in treating various hair problems. While it helps reduce hair fall, egg also gives shine and smoothness to your hair.
6. Amla (Indian gooseberry):It is a rich source of vitamin C and it helps strengthen your hair follicles from inside. You can either apply it on your hair or consume it as a part of your diet for healthy, voluminous hair.
It is important to note that every individual’s hair type and texture is different so while some of these home remedies are not scientifically proven methods to reduce hair fall, they might work for an individual and might not for someone else. In case of severe hair fall, we would recommend you to seek professional help.
How to Stop Hair Fall in Women with Proper Diet Nutrients
Another way to incorporate hairfall solution at home is through proper nutrients. There are multiple nutrients that are needed to retain the health of your luscious locks. Here are some of the supplements that can be the natural remedies for hair fall and be informed on which foods contain what.
1. Vitamin A: Every cell in our body needs Vitamin A to grow. Hair, being the fastest growing tissue in the human body, also needs Vitamin A to grow. Vitamin A not only helps in hair growth but also helps moisturize your hair follicles in order to prevent hair fall caused due to breakage and other hair fall problems. However, too much of Vitamin A can be problematic. It causes toxicity and can also lead to hair fall. In short, your hair needs the right amount of Vitamin A to grow and stay moisturized. Carrots, Spinach, Kale, Pumpkin, Peach are some foods rich in Vitamin A for hair.
2. Vitamin B: Vitamin B is one of the best-known vitamins for hair growth. It helps create red blood cells which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. This creates a healthy hair growth atmosphere. The most famous and commonly heard B-vitamin is Biotin. It is found in almost all hair growth supplements and is a well-known anti-hair fall. Nuts, Avocado, Seafood, Leafy Vegetables are some of the foods rich in Vitamin B for hair.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps in the creation of Collagen, a vital protein to get healthy hair, nails, and skin. Collagen plays a big role when it comes to making hair healthier and resilient. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron and boost hair growth. Strawberry, Oranges, Grapefruit, Kiwi are some foods rich in Vitamin C for hair.
4. Vitamin D: Hair follicles are the pores on your scalp from which new hair grows. Vitamin D plays a major role in the creation of new hair follicles. It is crucial when it comes to hair production and aids thicker, stronger hair. Vitamin D also prevents existing hair from prematurely falling out, curbing hair fall. Low levels of vitamin D can lead to hair loss. The easiest healthy hair tip to deal with hair fall problems is to step out in the sun and soak some Vitamin D. Mushrooms, Salmon, Fatty Fish are some foods rich in Vitamin D for hair.
5. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that benefits your hair in more than one way. It stimulates hair growth and reduces split ends. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin E help your scalp by preventing wear and tear and reducing the levels of oxidative stress. It gives your hair that extra shine and makes it voluminous. Sunflower Seeds, Spinach, Avocado, Almonds are some foods rich in Vitamin E for hair.
Products to Control Hair Fall
Always use the right products for your hair! Select your products based on your hair type and target the right problem of your hair.
Here are the go-to products for everyday haircare -
Use the right hair fall control shampoo based on your hair type. If you are facing frizzy hair, try looking out for something that can make your hair silky and smooth and give all the necessary nutrients required by your body. You can try the Pantene Hair Fall Shampoo as it contains the nourishing formula of Pro-Vitamin B5 and Fermented Rice Water which helps strengthen hair from within thereby reducing hair fall.
It is essential to always use a conditioner after every hair wash. Shampoos usually strip the hair of the moisture. Always use a conditioner to provide nourishment and lock in that moisture. You can try the Pantene Hairfall Control Conditioner along with the Pantene Hairfall Control Shampoo for stronger and healthier hair. You can also try the Pantene hair fall control shampoo and conditioner 2-in-1 range on the days you don’t have those extra 5 minutes to condition your hair. The 2-in-1 range has benefits of both shampoo and conditioner in one product. It helps clean and moisturize your hair.
Along with the right shampoo and conditioner, correct usage of serum can boost your hair texture lessen hair fall. You can also use it as an overnight hair mask once a week to give your hair the extra TLC.
To conclude, hair fall may seem like a permanent problem for both men and women but changing your routine and developing good habits can be a good start towards stopping hair fall. As for the age-old dilemma of "How to stop hair fall?", the answer lies in picking the right hair fall treatment or hair fall remedy as per your hair fall severity. Using the right hair fall solution like Pantene and following a hair care routine diligently will put your hair fall problems to rest. Now that you've understood hair fall from A-Z, you know what to do!
All references on this page to *Strength, **Hairfall and ***Breakage refer to *strength against surface damage, **hairfall due to breakage vs. non-conditioning shampoo and ***breakage vs non-conditioning shampoo respectively.