Spotting hair strands on your pillow after you wake up or in your bathroom drain after a hair shower, can be unpleasant sign of excessive hair fall and damage. Several women are testimony to the fact that despite using anti-hair fall shampoos, after following anti-hair fall treatments, the situation refuses to get any better.
Hair fall can be limiting. Hair styling techniques like making puffs and buns, trimming them short or keeping them long can be very daunting. Flat hair and lack of lustre are problems one ends up tackling on an everyday basis. All this often makes one wonder and question “Does a real, effective hair fall solution even exist out there? “, “How to stop severe hair fall?”, "Is there a hair fall treatment that works?" and so on. This article is an answer to all your hair fall problems, while highlighting the causes of it and a hair fall treatment or hair fall remedy, you can add to your routine.
Understanding the real cause of hair fall will help us find a hair fall solution efficiently. Listed below are a few common hair breakage and hair fall reasons:
1. Using the wrong shampoo
Being aware of your hair type and hair condition can prevent hair related problems like fizziness, hair breakage and hair fall. For instance, if you have frizzy hair, you need a hair shampoo that moisturises. In case you are already witnessing hair fall, you need an anti-hair fall solution. But if you end up using the wrong shampoo, it can instigate further hair fall problems rather than solving hair fall issues. Hence, using the correct hair fall solution like a vitamin-based anti-hair fall shampoo can help accentuate your hair type and prove to be a helpful hair fall treatment for women.
2. Daily hair care routine
Excess heat, humidity or dryness are all bad for hair. Prolonged sun exposure, excessive of too infrequent hair washing, not taking adequate steps for nourishing hair lengths can cause hair loss. Revamping your hair care routine or lifestyle can help you to improve your hair condition. Taking care of your scalp in the right possible way by changing a few things in your lifestyle like combing your hair, oiling it at a regular interval, using hair conditioning remedies and using the right hair treatments.
3. Extreme Diets and malnutrition
If you tend to follow diet charts then it is important for you to take in all necessary vitamins and minerals. Having a vitamin and mineral rich diet is very important for hair growth, hence it’s one of hair fall solution. Extreme dieting can get you weak and pale. It is better to follow a proper diet, take in a lot of nutrients and exercising enough. Our hair needs all kinds of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Lack of nutritious food can cause loss of hair and unhealthy hair.
4. Physical and Mental Stress
Extreme physical strain can dehydrate your hair. To add to this excessive mental stress, persistent illness and drastic weight loss or gain all contribute to hair fall. Taking too much stress about something can lead to hair breakage as it becomes super dry and flaky. Physical strain on the other side is good for your body but excess sweat accumulates on scalp increasing hair fall. One should always reduce mental stress if one has to reduce hair fall. Another way to reduce hair fall is to take a hair shower after rigorous workouts.
5. Hair fall due to heredity
Genes play a major role in deciding your hair pattern. It is common for hair loss problems to be passed down genetically. Men are susceptible to partial or complete baldness while women may be susceptible to inheriting alopecia from their mothers. While this may sometimes be out of your control, you can always use a hair fall solution or go for a hair treatment that nourishing to your hair. If this doesn't work, you can always sort the help of a reputed dermatologist to take control of the situation.
6. Hormonal imbalance
For an individual, it is important to understand that hormonal imbalance can cause large amounts of hair fall. You might be exercising well, taking in all the nutrients but if your hormones are not aligned then you may have problems like hair fall, baldness, weight gain and so on. So, in this case you should always consult a doctor before taking matters in to your own hand. As for your hair fall issues arising due to hormonal imbalance, you can start with a mild hair fall solution shampoo and conditioner to externally help you.
7. Medical conditions
Like we spoke about hormonal imbalance, medical conditions like PCOS, thyroid, PCOD etc are also possible reasons for hair fall. In a lot of cases, these kind of medical conditions lead to large amount of hair fall. Along with hair fall, hair thinning and flaky scalp can be experienced too. Your medical conditions and hair fall caused due to it can be treated after proper medications are started after consulting a physician.
To treat the mentioned medical conditions or hormonal imbalance, the medication provided can also cause a lot of hair fall as a side effect. Sometimes, medication in general come with a lot of side-effects where hair fall is the foremost to note. Taking medication after consulting a doctor is very important and taking it in the right amount and duration. In this case, a hair fall solution suggested by a dermatologist is the best.
Being pregnant causes a lot of strain on your body. The nutritional requirements are higher. Lack of proper care can result in dehydration, fatigue, tiredness which may lead to hair fall in the end. Eating proper and right amount of food is necessary during pregnancy. It can help you and your baby remain healthy and also keep you away from hair fall and all other hair related problems. While you concentrate on the bigger picture, don't ignore taking care of your hair with the right hair fall solution.
You may be noticing hair strands everywhere you go, but how to know if you have hair fall and the condition is alarming? Hair fall experts say, that if you notice more than 50-100 hair strands per day, you have something to worry about. Apart from that, there are many symptoms to know if you are in need for a hair fall treatment as soon as possible.
1. Hair thinning on your crown?
Your hair will get thinner than usual. You've been noticing a loss of volume and reduction in pony tail volume. But the best way to confirm you really need a hair fall remedy is by simply keeping an eye on the volume of hair on your crown. Hair thinning on the crown area is by far the most common sign of hair loss. For men, this can be very visible. On the other hand, for women, you can begin to see a receding hair fall and scantiness at the sides of the forehead.
2. Bald patches:
A bald patch as small as a coin, can be a sign of balding. At times, this can be noticed visibly, while other times, you may feel a sense of itchiness in one specific area of your scalp. Either way, it’s advised to turn to a mild hair fall solution to nourish your scalp and hair immediately.
3. Sudden loosening of hair:
Your hair may have been rooted in strength all your life, but sometimes due to sudden shock like hair tugging or overuse of hair ties can result is sudden hair loss. This is the kind of hair fall that leads to hair thinning and definitely needs a hair fall solution routine in place.
4. Are you losing hair on your body?
Hair loss doesn't just happen on your scalp. Your body can suffer from hair fall too. And, this can be a condition that happens with treatments such as chemotherapy for cancer. Even though it is not permanent and the hair starts growing back, using the right hair fall solution can help improve the situation.
Hair fall can be scary and sometimes out of control, but there are some things that can be taken care of to reduce hair fall. Finding a hair fall solution is not a one-track path. It is well rounded, holistic process of maintaining several aspects of your life, all ending in happy and healthy hair.
Mentioned below are some milestones to keep in mind as a hair fall solution and path to strong and healthy hair.
It is surprising to see how basic everyday habits can result in hair fall control to a great extent. But you are what you do every day, right? Practicing good habits can take you long way and give you the right type of hair that you desire.
1. Regular Hair Washing: Washing your hair is important to keep them healthy. Maintaining hygiene around yourself and keeping your hair clean from the bacteria and fungus can be a good way to keep your hair healthy. Make sure you wash your hair at least thrice a week using anti hair fall shampoo followed by a conditioner which keeps hair moist and easy to manage. It’s all about finding the one perfect combination of shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair will do the trick.
2. Gentle styling: Trying out new hairstyles for giving yourself a new look can cause a lot of damage to your hair which is obviously unintentional but unavoidable. Giving yourself a new look is equally important as giving your scalp and hair proper break. Try to stay away from excessive hair colouring, ironing, treatments and harsh products. Picking more natural and less complicated hairstyles, that help your hair and scalp breath is important. Whereas, tying your hair in tight braids, ponytails or pull back hairstyles regularly causes an increase in hair fall. But this shouldn’t stop you from styling and wearing your hair the way you like it. Proper hair care procedures followed with styling can not only give you the desired look but also keep hair away from damages like hairfall and thinning. Shampoo and conditioning with right products like Pantene advanced hairfall solution range and Pantene open hair miracle before styling your hair protects your hair from breakage and hair fall.
3. Lifestyle changes: The best to bring any change is to be the change. Change your way of living and a lot of your problems will start vanishing. Having troubles with hair? Develop a few good habits that can give your hair a blast and keep you fit and healthy too. As mentioned earlier, hair fall is not only a result of external factors but also a result of internal factors-- physiological as well as psychological. Treat your body right by following a diet for hair fall which helps maintain internal peace and control stress levels. You can even meditate regularly to keep stress in check.
4. Hair massage: Massaging your head is proven to work the best for improving blood circulation, hence it’s the healthiest way to stop hair fall before it takes over. It results in increased hair growth and relieves your stress which is a main cause of hair fall. Massaging helps to keep your hair in shape and keeps it healthy.
5. Drying hair: Rubbing your hair with your towel seems to be the quickest way to dry it but this can leave your hair too dry and tangled, leading to breakage. Instead, simply pressing out moisture and later air-drying it naturally becomes a hair fall solution. Trying to dry your hair out with a rug or towel can cause a lot of damage to your hair and scalp. Leading to extreme dryness, it can also cause dandruff and increase hair breakage leading to hair fall.
Home Remedies to Reduce Hair Fall
Home remedies have always worked! Remember when Grandma used to apply eggs to your hair? That always created an impact to your hair and prevented hair fall. Following are some of the home remedies that are the best hair fall treatments and can help you stop your hair fall eventually.
1. Fermented Rice Water:
Fermented Rice Water is considered to be the best remedy for all types of hair and their diverse range of hair problems. It is found to have a lot of benefits and is used in a lot of beauty products because it has an endless list of benefits. It is vitamin rich, repairs damaged hair cells, suitable PH level to reduce hair fall and make hair stronger and filled with antioxidants. Pantene has combined one of the world’s oldest anti-hairfall secret, fermented rice water with their signature Pro-Vitamin B5 formula to create the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution.
2. Bamboo: Bamboo is known for its strength & flexibility. It helps strengthen hair and get beautiful, healthy hair. Using products that have bamboo extracts in it can make your stronger and healthier hair and reduce hair fall.
3. Other Home Remedies for Hair: As referred by numerous health & beauty sites, sharing few ingredients that might work for your hair type -
It is important to note that every individual’s hair type and texture is different so while some of these home remedies are not scientifically proven methods to reduce hair fall, they might work for an individual and might not for someone else. In case of severe hair fall, we would recommend you to seek professional help.
1. Vitamin A: Every cell in our body needs Vitamin A to grow. Hair, being the fastest growing tissue in the human body, also needs Vitamin A to grow. Vitamin A not only helps in hair growth but also helps moisturize your hair follicles in order to prevent hair fall caused due to breakage and other hair fall problems. However, too much of Vitamin A can be problematic. It causes toxicity and can also lead to hair fall. In short, your hair needs the right amount of Vitamin A to grow and stay moisturized. Carrots, Spinach, Kale, Pumpkin, Peach are some foods rich in Vitamin A for hair.
2. Vitamin B: Vitamin B is one of the best-known vitamins for hair growth. It helps create red blood cells which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. This creates a healthy hair growth atmosphere. The most famous and commonly heard B-vitamin is Biotin. It is found in almost all hair growth supplements and is a well-known anti-hair fall. Nuts, Avocado, Seafood, Leafy Vegetables are some of the foods rich in Vitamin B for hair.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps in the creation of Collagen, a vital protein to get healthy hair, nails, and skin. Collagen plays a big role when it comes to making hair healthier and resilient. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron and boost hair growth. Strawberry, Oranges, Grapefruit, Kiwi are some foods rich in Vitamin C for hair.
4. Vitamin D: Hair follicles are the pores on your scalp from which new hair grows. Vitamin D plays a major role in the creation of new hair follicles. It is crucial when it comes to hair production and aids thicker, stronger hair. Vitamin D also prevents existing hair from prematurely falling out, curbing hair fall. Low levels of vitamin D can lead to hair loss. The easiest healthy hair tip to deal with hair fall problems is to step out in the sun and soak some Vitamin D. Mushrooms, Salmon, Fatty Fish are some foods rich in Vitamin D for hair.
5. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that benefits your hair in more than one way. It stimulates hair growth and reduces split ends. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin E help your scalp by preventing wear and tear and reducing the levels of oxidative stress. It gives your hair that extra shine and makes it voluminous. Sunflower Seeds, Spinach, Avocado, Almonds are some foods rich in Vitamin E for hair.
Products to Control Hair Fall
Always use the right products for your hair! Select your products based on your hair type and target the right problem of your hair. Here are the go-to products for everyday haircare -
Use the right shampoo based on your hair type. If you are facing frizzy hair, try looking out for something that can make your hair silky and smooth and give all the necessary nutrients required by your body. You can try the Pantene Hair Fall Shampoo as it contains the nourishing formula of Pro-Vitamin B5 and Fermented Rice Water which helps strengthen hair from within thereby reducing hair fall.
It is essential to always use a conditioner after every hair wash. Shampoos usually strip the hair of the moisture. Always use a conditioner to provide nourishment and lock in that moisture. You can try the Pantene Hairfall Control Conditioner along with the Pantene Hairfall Control Shampoo for stronger and healthier hair. You can also try the Pantene 2-in-1 range on the days you don’t have those extra 5 minutes to condition your hair. The 2-in-1 range has benefits of both shampoo and conditioner in one product. It helps clean and moisturize your hair.
Along with the right shampoo and conditioner, correct usage of serum can boost your hair texture lessen hair fall. You can try our Pantene Open Hair Miracle – a multipurpose hair fall solution with 4 benefits of serum, leave-in conditioner, heat protectant and oil replacement in one. You can also use it as an overnight hair mask once a week to give your hair the extra TLC.
To conclude, hair fall may seem like a permanent problem for both men and women but changing your routine and developing good habits can be a good start towards stopping hair fall. As for the age-old dilemma of "How to stop hair fall?", the answer lies in picking the right hair fall treatment or hair fall remedy as per your hair fall severity. Using the right hair fall solution like Pantene and following a hair care routine diligently will put your hair fall problems to rest. Now that you've understood hair fall from A-Z, you know what to do!
All references on this page to *Strength, **Hairfall and ***Breakage refer to *strength against surface damage, **hairfall due to breakage vs. non-conditioning shampoo and ***breakage vs non-conditioning shampoo respectively.