6 SIMPLE WAYS TO CONTROL HAIR FALL
Hair fall - The two words that make up for the shortest yet the scariest horror story that no woman would ever want to witness. However, many women suffer from it and get stuck in a loop of trying various solutions to take control of hair fall. It’s important to understand to what amount the hair fall is normal and to what is abnormal. We lose about 100 strands every day but anything more than that is excessive and alarming.
Hair is a big part of our identity and appearance. It adds confidence and resembles our style in ways more than one. When one loses hair, they lose self-esteem and self-confidence. Therefore, it is necessary to find an answer to the question of ‘How to control hair fall?’
Tried and tested hair fall treatments and home remedies for hair fall have failed to answer this question of ‘how to do hair fall control’ too. But fret not, ladies! You’ve come to the right place to find all your answers. Let’s get to the root of it and find the best hair fall control remedies for your hair.
A] STRESS – THE HAIR FALL CAUSES YOU NEVER KNEW
Emotional well-being is very important and is linked to many illnesses including hair fall. Stress is one of the factors which is a key to hair fall problems, making it one of the biggest reasons of hair loss. However, hair fall due to stress is not permanent. It is a recoverable and tiding over ones stresses will be the an ideal hair fall solution.
B] STYLING – THE HIDDEN REASON OF HAIR LOSS
Flat irons, curling tongs, and blow dryers may improve the appearance of hair temporarily but their regular use can cause permanent hair damage. The heat from these styling tools not only absorbs all the moisture from the hair but excessive use can also cause damage to the hair follicles and scalp, making it another reason of hair loss. Reducing heat styling and letting your hair bask in its original glory can be a solution to lessen your hair fall problems.
C] DIET – WHAT’S MISSING TO CAUSE HAIR FALL?
Not known to many, hair fall problems can also be caused with lack of protein in diet. Deficiency of food rich in iron and vitamin B leads to hair fall. As your hair doesn’t get enough nourishment, it weakens and tends to fall. Diet plays a key role when it comes to strengthening the roots. When the hair roots are strong the hair follicle is strong and hence less hair fall problem
D] AGING – NOT JUST GREYS, BUT ALSO CAUSES HAIR FALL
As we all age there is senescence in all cells of the body and hair cells are one of them which show sign of aging with reduced growth, weaker strands and hair thinning. There is also greying of hair follicles with age. The regeneration potential in which falling hair fibres (catagen) hair are replaced with growing new hair follicles (anagen) hair reduces. While greying can be camouflaged using hair dye/ colour, hair fall is one thing that cannot be covered. Science has evolved and new hair loss control treatments like hair transplantation and hair weaving/ synthetic hair implants are available, but the maintenance of these is expensive and they do not guarantee a permanent solution.
E] MEDICATION – IS SOMETHING NOT AGREEING WITH YOU?
Hair fall is a common side effect after some allopathic medication. Hair fall caused to medication can be temporary and is reversible. This generally happens due to reduced growing follicles and a large number of follicles convert to shedding hair follicles causing sudden, severe hair fall. This hair loss takes time to grow back any many times the recovery is not complete.
F] CLOGGED SCALP
A healthy scalp has a great part to play when it comes to hair growth. Sweat and dirt can clog the follicles and create an unpleasant environment, stagnating hair growth, and it becomes a reason of hair fall. If one doesn’t maintain a healthy scalp, hair fall problems are unavoidable. Hair fall control remedies like DIY masks which person use on their own are one of the leading causes of a clogged scalp.
A] NOTHING BEATS USING THE RIGHT HAIR FALL CONTROL PRODUCTS
While dealing with hair fall, it is quintessential to use products that deal specifically with control of hair fall. Using the best solutions like a hair fall control shampoo and following it up with a nourishing hair fall control conditioner can be one the most basic yet effective hair fall control remedies
. Make sure to always look for the ingredients in a product and whether it helps to control hair fall. The fermented rice water and Pro-Vitamin B5 formula in Pantene Hairfall Control Shampoo & Conditioner are ingredients that peculiarly deal with hair fall problems.
Here are some easy & effective ways to control hair fall -
1. Oiling: Start your hair care routine with oiling your hair. Oil your hair frequently or regularly as it helps to keep your hair in shape and conditioned. While oiling can get very messy and sticky, you can always count on our Pantene oil replacement formula – Pantene Open Hair Miracle. It nourishes your hair just like oil without the hassle & stickiness.
2. Shampoo: Look out for a promising hair fall control shampoo. Make sure it contains all the ingredients important for your hair. You can try various shampoos from our Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution range that are enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5 formula and Fermented Rice Water. These ingredients together help strengthen every hair strand thereby reducing hair fall.
3. Conditioner: Conditioners help restore the hair moisture that is lost during the shampooing process. It’s essential to always apply the conditioner after every hair wash to detangle & moisturize your hair.
4. Serum: A serum after every hair wash and condition process is important to seal that extra moisture & nourishment in your hair. You can use it to detangle your tresses, or just use it before styling to protect your hair from heat styling. You can try our Pantene Open Hair Miracle serum which has 4in1 benefits – serum, oil replacement, leave-in conditioner and as a heat protectant.
5. Hair masks: Hair masks are like a vacation for your hair! You must unwind and give your hair the extra TLC at least every week to ensure your hair stay healthy and nourished. You can either opt for home remedies like egg, yogurt masks etc or go the hassle-free route with our Pantene Open Hair Miracle. You can either apply it and wrap a hot towel around your hair for 30 minutes or use it as an overnight hair fall mask.
B] MINIMISE THE HEAT DAMAGE
We often opt for hair styling frequently. While that’s an easy way out, the curling iron and straightener is one of the reasons behind your hair fall problems. Hence, it is imperative to minimise the heat damage and take control of hair fall with a nourishing heat protectant like Pantene open hair miracle. Apply a walnut-sized amount through the lengths of your hair and let the power of Pantene’s Pro-Vitamin B5 formula and fermented rice water protect your mane.
Pro Tip: Keep the blow-dryer 6 inches away from your scalp to reduce hair fall and heat damage.
C] TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET, TAKE CONTROL OF HAIR FALL
Hair is the fastest growing tissue of your body, which is why it needs plenty of nutrition to aid the growth process. Providing your body with the right kind of nutrients will ensure that your hair grows strong and healthy. In order to take control of hair fall, you also need to focus on hair growth. Making a few changes in your diet can induce hair growth. Here are some diet essentials
when it comes to facilitating hair growth and stopping hair fall effectively.
1. Greens: The most common yet the most effective hair fall control and hair growth tip is the consumption of greens. Greens like spinach, guava, gooseberry, etc. are rich in protein, iron, and zinc which aid in hair growth and act as hair fall control remedies.
2. Amino Acids: Arginine, a very beneficial amino acid present in red meat, nuts, and dairy products controls hair growth. It has become a way to control hair fall. Lysine is another amino acid present in seafood and dairy that helps in collagen production. Collagen plays a big role in making hair healthier and resilient.
3. Eggs: Protein-rich eggs help the most when it comes to Hair fall worries. Consuming eggs on a daily basis with the right quantity can help your hair get the protein that it requires. This way eggs as a catalyst in your hair growth.
4. Meat: Red meat is best source of protein and iron. Consuming it can lead to the better transport of oxygen to your hair follicles. This way, your hair remains nourished and hair fall is prevented.
5. Dairy Products: Calcium is important for your body and also for your hair. It strengthens your hair as well as it makes it stronger. Consuming it and applying it both can help you with hair fall control. Use the right amount with the right combinations like cottage cheese or yogurt and you can see the positive results coming your way!
D] HOW TO CONTROL HAIR FALL - HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE:
The best hair growth tip that one could easily adopt is to keep your body hydrated. Hair fall is caused mostly due to lack of moisture. Water makes your hair more flexible, less brittle and therefore less susceptible to hair fall and breakage! The benefits of water are unending but we should try to drink at least 3 litres every day. Heat tends to absorb all the moisture from our hair, making it dry and prone to breakage. This is the easiest way to control hair fall and get supple, radiant hair.
E] HACKS FOR HAIR FALL CONTROL
1. Serums for the win
Dry hair is prone to breakage and hair fall. It is essential to deeply nourish your hair before you step out. Benefits of conditioners
and serums like Pantene open hair miracle include providing nourishment to your hair with the least efforts and ensuring your hair stays strong.
2. Wide tooth comb
Post-shower detangling can turn into a nightmare if not done right. Hair is the weakest when wet and becomes susceptible to hair fall. It is ideal to use a hair fall control shampoo like Pantene to strengthen your hair before you start combing it. Post-shower, you can start with applying a nourishing serum like Pantene open hair miracle to start detangling. Top that off with by using a wide tooth comb and work your way from the bottom to the top. This will reduce tugging and hair fall which happens due to the pull in the opposite direction.
3. The right way to dry your hair
The maximum amount of hair fall takes place post-shower. The technique of drying our hair also has a great impact on the quality of our hair. It’s a known fact that even though blow-drying will make your hair look bouncy and perfect, we cannot ignore the damage that it brings along. It is advised to use a cotton towel and pat dry your hair, with minimum pressure and let your hair air-dry. Air-drying causes zero damage to your hair and lets your hair stand strong in the long run, giving you hair fall control. So once in a while if fine but regular blow-drying should be avoided.
4. Satin pillowcases
One of the most common reasons of hair fall is breakage caused due to friction. Most women use cotton pillowcases which tend to create friction between your hair and the fabric. One way of hair fall control is to switch to a satin pillowcase and avoid the breakage caused due to friction.
F] HOME REMEDIES
1. Fermented Rice Water: Fermented Rice Water is considered to be the best remedy for all types of hair and their diverse range of hair problems. It is found to have a lot of benefits and is used in a lot of beauty products because it has an endless list of benefits. It is vitamin rich, repairs damaged hair cells, suitable PH level to reduce hair fall and make hair stronger and filled with antioxidants. Pantene has combined one of the world’s oldest anti-hairfall secret, fermented rice water with their signature Pro-Vitamin B5 formula to create the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution
2. Bamboo: Bamboo is known for its strength & flexibility. It helps strengthen hair and get beautiful, healthy hair. Using products that have bamboo extracts in it can make your stronger and healthier hair and reduce hair fall.
3. Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera has multiple healing properties and has been sued for ages to treat various hair conditions like oily hair, dry hair, hair fall, dandruff, itchy scalp etc. You can apply aloe vera gel on your hair with various ingredients like yogurt, vitamin E capsules, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.
4. Eggs: Egg masks with aloe vera, lemon, honey or olive oils are helpful in treating various hair problems. While it helps reduce hair fall, egg also gives shine and smoothness to your hair.
5. Amla (Indian gooseberry): It is a rich source of vitamin C and it helps strengthen your hair follicles from inside. You can either apply it on your hair or consume it as a part of your diet for healthy, voluminous hair.
However, to break it down to you, it isn’t possible to completely avoid hair fall but these minor lifestyle changes will eventually help in hair fall control. Hormonal problems, medication and others make it difficult for one to avoid hair fall. Following a balanced diet, doing exercise and meditation and most importantly using the right product can highly benefit one when it comes to taking control of hair fall. So, girls, choose Pantene Pro-vitamin hair fall control range and give your hair the best nourishment and care that it truly deserves. Created with the blend of science and nature, it’s the best hair fall control remedy to save your lovely locks.
Hair care problems are varied for different people, so your hair care products should also be so. Take a look at our diverse range of Pantene Shampoos
and Pantene Conditioners
and pick your choice!
All references on this page to *Strength, **Hairfall and ***Breakage refer to *strength against surface damage, **hairfall due to breakage vs. non-conditioning shampoo and ***breakage vs non-conditioning shampoo respectively.