It’s terrible, It’s Awful, It’s Horrendous and It’s extremely frightening when you notice your hair feeling thinner and sparser than it once was.
Hair thinning is inevitable for all of us and it’s not about how you manage to avoid it but how you take it as a challenge and deal with it the right way that counts. If you are unsure about how to deal with your hair thinning the right way you’ve come to the right place ‘cause we got this covered for ya.
So, what is thick hair? Hair thickness basically refers to the width of a single strand of hair. If one has a head full of hair strands that are relatively wide you can say that they have thick hair. Thick hair is usually a sign of good health and proper nourishment of hair but sometimes your genetics also play a major role. However, it has been proven that you can improve your hair thickness and the density of your hair just by taking the right measures.
- What causes hair thinning?
- How to get thicker hair? What can be done?
- Tips & Tricks for thick hair
- Bonus Tip for Thick Hair
A] What causes hair thinning?
Hair Thinning is caused by a number of different reasons. For example, there's a chance you're genetically predisposed to hair thinning, which means you may see a progressive, gradual reduction in hair volume. Other reasons include hormonal disbalance, chronic stress, vitamin B12 deficiency, dramatic weight loss and Iron deficiency/anemia.
B] How to get thicker hair? What can be done?
There has been a lot of research that proves that a lot of hair thinning issues are generally stress related and can be resolved just by taking the right measures. In this article we are going to discuss some of these simple home remedies that you could apply in your day-to-day life in order to get back that thick hair.
C] Tips & Tricks for thick hair
Before we start looking at How to really get thicker hair it’s important to keep in mind that there are several expensive methods out there that promise to improve your hair thinning drastically. Before subscribing to any such expensive treatment plans it is always better to try the home remedies. Some of the tips we are going to discuss here are doable at home and do not require any over budget investments. Now let us look at the home remedies:
- It is possible that you have been using a shampoo that is not suitable for your hair type and as a result your hair appears thin due to improper nourishment. Everyone has a different hair type. While some products are good for some hair types, they are absolutely damaging to others. For example, if you suffer from hair dryness then using a shampoo designed for oily hair would do the opposite to your hair since its main function is to remove excess oil from hair thus causing your hair some serious damage. If you are suffering from hair fall a good recommendation for you would be anti-hair fall shampoos from the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution range like their Pantene Hairfall Control. Its Pro-Vitamin B5 formula along with Fermented Rice Water is especially designed to strengthen hair from within thereby reducing hair fall.
Use the Right Shampoo:
- Now there are some people who do not use conditioners at all. These people out of everyone else are doing more harm to their hair than good. A shampoo washes away all the pollutants and surfactants from your hair after which your hair needs a protection layer and conditioners are designed to provide that. If you do not apply conditioner after shampoo hair dryness is almost inevitable and hair dryness leads to more tangles and therefore more hair fall due to breakage. But it is equally important to make sure that you use the right conditioner. Just like a shampoo a wrong conditioner for your hair type would do more harm than good. However, if you are suffering from hair fall, the Pantene Hairfall Control Conditioner goes well with the Pantene Hairfall Control Shampoo. Along with this it is recommended that you also use a Deep Conditioner at least once a week to see the best results. You can use the Pantene Open Hair Miracle to deep condition your hair. You can also use it as an oil replacement formula – it nourishes your hair without the hassles or stickiness of oil.
Use the Right Conditioner:
- It is extremely important to know that diet plays a very important role in the overall health of your hair and one of the top reasons for hair thinning is a poor diet. Now we understand you love yourself some pizzas and tacos, but fast foods are okay as long as they are managed well. The most important element in your diet for the long-term survival of your hair is protein. Hair strands are made up of protein and a protein rich diet everyday ensures that your hair recovers from their everyday damage. Make sure to include in your diet chicken, eggs, fish, green vegetables, beans and fruits rich in vitamin C. When it comes to fast food, limit its consumption to once a week. Along with eating the right foods ensure that you have your eating routine set up. Fix a time for your three major meals, i.e., breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eat at the same time every day. The meals should be rich in protein and you should also avoid snacking as much as possible between the meals.
- Choosing the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair is important but it is equally important to recognize your hair type to fix the hair wash days accordingly. There are some dermatologists who recommend washing hair every day, but we would like you to avoid that. Even if you have oily hair, wash them every other day instead of everyday. On the other hand, if you are suffering from hair thinning it is very likely that you have dry hair. In that case it is recommended that you wash your hair three times a week on alternate days. Over washing of hair is a big no no for people with thin hair since that leads to hair drying and further hair thinning.
Correct Hair Wash Routine:
- Heat is bad for any hair type, but this is especially true for Thin hair. When you are suffering from hair thinning and hair fall, avoid the usage of heat styling tools like a blow dryer or a hair straightener. These styling tools like the name suggests use heat to style your hair which is not particularly good for your hair since it dries up the moisture and leaves it vulnerable to all kinds of damages including breakage. If you still have to use these styling tools, try to use it at a minimum amount. Once a month is okay but even then, you make sure that you set its temperature mildly high instead of too high. Note it down, heat is the biggest adversary of thick hair. You can also use the Pantene Open Hair Miracle before styling to protect your hair from the heat damage.
Avoid Heat Styling Tools:
- In these modern times external forces that could harm your hair are everywhere. Avoiding them is almost inevitable but you got to pay attention and take care when that happens. Chemicals in the cheap hair products are extremely damaging for your hair especially if you’re already suffering hair thinning. The same is true for the outdoor pollution. Avoid using products containing harmful chemicals entirely. This will go a long way in maintaining good hair health.
Protect Your Hair from Chemicals and Pollutants:
- Massages are for thick hair. This tip is a good one since it not only takes care of your hair and gives it the proper nourishment it needs but it also relaxes your mind. Massaging your hair regularly before bed is always a good idea for a number of different reasons. Along with nurturing your hair overnight it also helps you get a proper sleep, a deep sleep. It has been scientifically proven that good quality sleep is associated with healthy hair in a big way. While you massage your hair make sure you do it gently and use your fingertips to make sure that you get a proper scalp massage without causing a lot of damage.
Massage Your Hair Regularly Using Your Fingertips:
- Stress is one of the major causes of Hair fall related problems. Hair thinning may be one of the indications of stress. Hair thinning can be caused by both physical and mental stress. While too much physical labor or exercise without proper rest may be one of the reasons your mental health and stress could also be a reason for the deteriorating hair hygiene. Keep in check your stress levels both physical and mental. Remember thick hair and stress do not go hand in hand. To ensure the glorious return of the thick hair physical exercise is recommended at least 4-5 days a week. This ensures that your brain gets enough oxygen and reduces stress to some degree. Along with this make sure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Examine Your Stress:
- Last but not the least is a very overlooked reason. Hair combs and brushes are a good tool created by us to style our hair but they can also be the ones that cause the most damage. Avoid combing or brushing right after a shower when your hair is already wet. Allow the hair to dry naturally before you run the brush over it. Wet hair is most vulnerable to breakage, so it is better to not comb it while they are wet. It is also important to keep in mind that when combing your hair, run it very gently over the hair and especially when you are suffering from hair thinning. When you rigorously start running the comb over your hair the chances of hair breakage increases so we recommend not to do that.
Do Not Over Brush:
With all these tips that we recommend to you to ensure a proper hair care routine, it is also true that a lot of people do not have the time to follow all of these tips since some of them require time and a lot of patience. And we understand that and so like always Pantene always has more in store for you.
Hair Thinning is a major issue, a steppingstone to other major hair fall problems and we understand that “How to make your hair thicker?” and “How to get thicker hair?” are two of the most common questions you want to know the answer to. You can try our Shampoos & Conditions from the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution range. It is infused with Pro-Vitamin B5 Formula & Fermented Rice Water to strengthen your from within giving you healthy hair and lesser hair fall.
Bonus Tip for Thick Hair:
We here at Pantene want to make sure that we leave no stone unturned in order to give you the best possible hair care products and for people with hair thinning problems we also have a bonus product.
Along with the above hair care routine if you want to take it one step further and get the most advanced benefits from the Pantene range, we recommend you use the Pantene Open Hair Miracle – our very own oil replacement formula with our Shampoos & Conditioners from the Pantene Advanced Hair Fall Solution range.
If you start following these mentioned “rituals” regularly there would be no chance that your hair will stay thin anymore. Trust us, your hair will thank you for this.