How To Manage Oily Hair In Summer
The summer season can be quite tough on the hair. Be it the heat, the sweat, the humidity, everything repulses health hair. Humidity can affect a variety of factors, including hair follicle damage. An oily scalp is arguably the most irritating of the many summer hair issues we have to deal with on a regular basis! And if you have a naturally oily scalp, the summer season can be extremely stressful. The troubles don't seem to end, from sticky roots to dandruff to itching. But what is the cause of an oily scalp?
What Causes Oily Hair In Summer?
Now, the explanation behind this is scientific and understanding it can help you understand your hair better.
Sebaceous glands are found at the roots of your hair, and they secrete an oily fluid called sebum. Though this oily substance is necessary for your hair's health and prevents it from drying out, excessive secretion leads to oily hair. The problem with hot and humid weather is that these glands overproduce sebum.
Pore blockage, discomfort, and hardness are all symptoms of excessive sebum production. As a result of the oily scalp, hair can fall out faster than it can grow back. The goal is to keep sebum production under control.
Will Oily Hair Cause Hair Loss?
Hair loss is commonly caused by an oily scalp; however, it is not always the cause. Excess oils can clog pores and inhibit new hair development by trapping and attracting debris, dandruff, and product build-up. If you follow basic guidelines and tips for proper haircare, getting rid of greasy hair in summer is pretty simple.
Tips and tricks to manage oily hair in summer
Here are a few tips for oily hair in summer that you can follow:
• Clean your hairbrush: A hairbrush ends up accumulating dead skin, and other dirt when used. If you don't clean the brush right away, the particles may travel to your freshly washed hair, making it look dirty and spoiled.
• Dry Shampoo: When your scalp becomes oily, your roots get oily, and your entire head of hair becomes flat, sticky, and unclean. That's where dry shampoo comes in! Dry shampoo your oily roots to prevent the oil from spreading to your hair.
• Scalp Peel: You can have a salicylic acid peel to reduce oil build-up on your scalp if it's prone to excessive oil production. Salicylic acid works by removing the top layer of skin on your scalp, reducing oil production.
• Less Oiling: You don't want to be a part of the overproduction of oil, do you? If you normally oil your hair once a week, cut back to once every two weeks.
• Apply Aloe-Vera: Aloe Vera is a godsend for those who suffer from oily hair. It can be used as a hair and scalp mask because it absorbs excess oil and calms the scalp.
• Healthy Diet: Vitamin B insufficiency is also one of the leading causes of oily hair. You can compensate by eating a healthy, high-protein meal. Aside from that, you can always include extra fruits and green vegetables in your diet to nourish your hair from the inside out.
• Tea Tree Oil: Instead of using your regular oil, try using tea tree oil instead. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo and rinse your hair with it. It aids in the treatment of oily scalp in summer and the dandruff that accompanies it.
Adding on to all these tips, here are some haircare routine tips:
• Shampooing is a crucial issue during the summer season. Those with normal to dry hair can go a day without shampooing their tresses. If you have oily hair, on the other hand, you can wash it every day without losing its lustre. Washing with the correct shampoo on a daily basis will help keep the oil from accumulating.
• Look for a shampoo that is designed for greasy hair. Make sure you properly rinse the shampoo out of your hair. Shampoo that is left on the scalp collects oil and debris more quickly, making the scalp uncomfortable.
While you’re out looking for the perfect shampoo, we have already found the right Pantene shampoo for you! When the Summer is giving you a tough time, find yourself enjoying the bright and sunny weather rather than worrying about your hair, thanks to the new Pantene’s Bamboo shampoo and conditioner. It’s one solution that you can always count on, this summer season, for fighting your hair problems. While the Pantene Bamboo Shampoo gives your hair strength* and flexibility resulting in less hair fall**, the Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Bamboo Conditioner nourishes your hair in and out, giving you hassle-free summer-ready hair!
*strength against surface damage
**due to breakage
Hair care problems are varied for different people, so your hair care products should also be so. Take a look at our diverse range of Pantene Shampoos
and Pantene Conditioners
and pick your choice!