GREY, GREY, GO AWAY! - HAIRCARE FOR GREY HAIR!
You are getting ready for the party and your style is totally on point. But you notice something that you wish you didn’t: gray hair! At this point, you wish this was just a nightmare, but you know it’s not! Before you press the panic button, we want you to relax and breathe! Because with the right grey hair care, you can take care of your hair and those greys!
In some cases, it’s possible to reverse the greying while in some cases, you can slow down the greying through natural remedies and good haircare.
A] What causes hair greying?
As we grow older, greying of hair becomes a natural part of the aging process. Our skin has millions of hair follicles, and it contains a pigment called melanin. With aging, the hair follicles slowly start losing their natural pigment and this results in greying of hair.
B] Premature hair greying
Grey Hair is not a problem as it is a natural part of life, but premature greying of hair is a sign that there is something that needs to be addressed. Here are some of the common reasons for premature greying of hair.
1. Genes: Premature greying of hair is sometimes a result of your genetic makeup. If your parents and grandparents experienced greying of hair at a young age, it’s quite possible that you too will find your hair greying prematurely.
2. Stress: Another big factor affecting the greying of hair is stress. Increased stress leads to our body releasing a chemical called norepinephrine into the hair follicle. This chemical has the power of rapidly deleting pigment-regenerating stem cells, which in turn results in grey hair.
Additionally, chronic stress results in sleep problems, anxiety, appetite changes and high blood pressure – all of which affect your overall health including hair.
Stress can also trigger a condition called telogen effluvium which results in more hair fall. Due to genetics and age, it is possible that the hair that grows back is grey instead of its original color!
3. Diet: The kind of food you eat also plays a vital role in protecting your hair from greying. Oily and junk food, overconsumption of sugar and salt, aerated drinks, etc. can cause premature greying of hair.
4. Hair Colour: Excessive and repeated use of hair color products and treatment can affect hair care and result in premature grey hair.
C] Precautions and tips for prevention of Grey Hair
While you always have the option of grey hair treatment, it’s important to take care of your hair, the natural way! The ways to combat grey hair are not expensive and the solutions are not exotic. All you need to do is look for these things at your home, specifically your kitchen!
1. Amla: Amla (Indian gooseberry) is a natural astringent that helps retain hair color and acts as a natural premature grey hair treatment. All you have to do is smash the amla, take its seeds out, make a paste and apply it to your scalp. After a while, massage it properly on your hair till it reaches the roots.
2. Black Sesame Seeds: Many studies have shown that black sesame seeds are a good weapon against dry hair. They are filled with hair nourishing vitamins and minerals such as copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin B1, amino acids, selenium, melanin, and dietary fiber.
Make it a habit to eat raw black sesame seeds daily with water on an empty stomach.
3. Hair Wash: While it’s tempting to wash your hair with hot or cold water, depending on the season, it’s advisable to wash your hair with lukewarm water. Use a nourishing shampoo like Pantene 2in1 that gives has the power of shampoo and conditioner in one.
D] Overall Health And Wellness
While you learn about grey hair treatment, it’s important to take care of your overall health and wellness. Daily exercise and a healthy diet are important for your overall health and also for your hair. It is also important to find ways to destress and unwind as we are living in an age where stress rules our lives, day in and day out. Stress, as we have seen in this blog, is a major reason for a lot of our health problems. Meditation, yoga and other wellness techniques can bring down your stress levels and make your mind calmer.
When you are equipped with the right knowledge and the right solution, grey hair won’t intimidate you. So, never let grey leave you astray!
Hair care problems are varied for different people, so your hair care products should also be so. Take a look at our diverse range of Pantene Shampoos
and Pantene Conditioners
and pick your choice!