Before going into that you need to know, what actually are split ends? Since hair grows from the roots, the ends of your hair are actually the oldest. Remember all the times when you have ignored your haircare? That is why your locks might lack nourishment. When the ends become dry, brittle and frayed, they split.
In this article, we will tackle few questions like what causes split ends, how do split ends affect you and how to prevent split ends.
In a nutshell, exposure to chemicals, heat, and rough treatment. If you use products that dry out your hair or wash them too vigorously, there is a fair chance that your ends might split. When your hair is malnourished, it splits from the end. The strength of your hair is determined by your nutrition, the water you drink, the food you eat, and your overall body & hair health. Your hair will be more prone to split ends if your body is dehydrated, malnourished, or protein deficient. If this is your lifestyle (with respect to your hair), you probably have split ends –
- You heat-style your hair frequently. Ironing, curling, blow-drying, etc.
- You love bleaching and coloring your hair and frequently go through chemical hair treatments
- Your hair is exposed to seawater, chlorinated water, pollution, sunlight and smoke a lot
- You use hair ties and clips and pins made of or containing metal pieces
- You shampoo everyday
- You towel-dry your hair and brush them harshly
- You brush your hair when it is wet
- You tie your hair too tightly for long periods of time (side note – please don’t do that. Tying your hair too tightly can give you headaches too!)
We know you’re guilty of some of these mistakes if not all, but you may be thinking are split ends really that bad? How do they affect the way your hair looks?
Let us tell you how
Split ends are a sign of unhealthy, damaged hair. That’s not great, is it? Once a strand splits, it will continue to split all the way up to the root if you don’t do something about it. And that will damage your hair beyond repair, making your hair strands thinner. Hair strands that are split lose the cuticle covering them causing them to tangle even more and will thus give you frizzy hair.
More tangles = More breakage = Damaged and Unhealthy Hair. Unhealthy hair = more hair fall!
One split end in your hair strand may appear minor, but you have split ends throughout your hair, they make your ends look rough and frizzy. Your lengths start looking flat and dull. Your hair lacks depth and volume. Split ends also prevent your hair from growing. If you want long, thick, luscious hair, split ends are your worst enemy.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Just, don’t
- Be gentle with your hair. Avoid towel-drying them. Wash, brush and detangle them with love
- Use a wide toothed comb while detangling
- Use Leave in conditioners and serums. Always use the Pantene Advanced Hairfall Solution Conditioner when you’re washing your hair.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water
- Always tie your hair while at the beach or in a swimming pool. Use a scarf while out in areas with air pollution or smoke
- If you don’t have time to condition, use our Pantene 2in1 range to lock in that extra moisture
It is easy to get caught up between not wanting to trim your hair and not having time to follow a routine that prevents split ends. But with very simple changes in your daily routine, you can say buh-bye to split ends forever! Are you ready?
KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF
SPILT ENDS AT HOME
Split ends are caused when the ends of your hair become dry and brittle. Learn how to get rid of slipt ends and protect your hair from damage with the right hair care products.
5 QUICK TIPS ON HOW TO
MOISTURIZE YOUR HAIR
Using a hair moisturizer is your key to having healthy hair. Click to read about tips on how to moisturize your hair and which hydrating shampoo to use for dry hair.
REPAIR HAIR DRYNESS & DAMAGE
with these Haircare Tips
All of us understand the importance of a good hair care routine, we try to take the best care possible but due to our busy lives and some negligence, we make certain mistakes and our hair takes the fall.